Spoilers as always
– Raffey Cassidy is crazy talented
– the 1960s always seen prettier than the 2000s
– tragic gender reversed Peter Pan love story of sorts that makes people borderline uncomfortable (J turned to me and asked, “Is this still a Disney movie?”)
– the ending?? initially the characters criticize how selective the invitations to Tomorrowland are but the film seems to end condoning such selectivity ie. be a dramatic optimist-dreamer or you will be denied exclusive membership to a land of tall, white buildings and people who age mentally but not physically or aesthetically – oh but wait – how is that so different from Todayland, with our tall, grey skyscrapers and anti-ageing botox injections?
– Aldo steals the show. After the movie, we had a legit argument over whether or not he was really Italian / English (Peter Serafinowicz is English and I officially love his perfect Simon Cowell impression)
– Jason Statham plays an endearing parody of himself
– favourite line: Did he also teach you to dress like a slutty dolphin trainer?
YOU WILL NOT UNSEE THE SLUTTY DOLPHIN TRAINER OUTFIT RESEMBLANCE
Sketch from the weekend. I have lifelong problems with shading haha