portrait of a dying girl
“Poor slob,” she said, tickling his head, “poor slob without a name. It’s a little inconvenient, his not having a name. But I haven’t any right to give him one: he’ll have to wait until he belongs to somebody. We just sort of took up by the river one day, we don’t belong to each other: he’s an independent, and so am I. I don’t want to own anything until I know I’ve found the place where me and things belong together. I’m not quite sure where that is just yet. But I know what it’s like.”
It calms me down right away, the quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there, not with those kind men in their nice suits, and that lovely smell of silver and alligator wallets. If I could find a real-life place that made me feel like Tiffany’s, then I’d buy some furniture and give the cat a name.”
- the ending of Breakfast at Tiffany’s film adaptation is sugary sweet, which really upset me the first time I watched it
- the whole point of Breakfast is the novella’s bittersweet ending!!!
- but okay, the opening scene with Audrey Hepburn in that classic little black dress is more than a compensation; Hollywood can butcher a good story and turn it into a formulaic romance if they promise to do it with style
- and I am secretly a sucker for happy endings and pretty things anyway – the long-term effects of having growing up on Disney
- also the scene where Holly finds the cat is ❣
- looking at the mountain of readings I have to conquer this week and I have little faith that I will make it through finals
- but relevant Beyonce: I’m a survivor I’m not gon give up I’m not gon stop I’m gon work harder
- oh shoot I mean Destiny’s Child
- sorry I forgot that there were three of them
- but why did they call themselves Destiny’s Child and not Destiny’s Children???
- IS THIS FORESHADOWING OF BEYONCE’S SUCCESSFUL SOLO CAREER??
- BEYONCE = THE CHOSEN ONE
- IT WAS HER DESTINY TO BE A DIVA
- BEYONCE = DESTINY’S CHILD
- BEYONCE = BYE ONCE (AND FOR ALL irrelevant Destiny’s Child members???)
panickinglearning is so much fun
- considering slitting my wrists and making a blood offering to the Bell Curve God, Our Grade Lord
- but wait the k00l computing kids in our sk00l have set up a website for us to virtually pray to this god
- okay I shall do that instead
- one must be rational about things